Search Engine Optimization Expert
itHighway is seeking two web professionals with SEO/ SEM experience who is interested in a full-time position as a search engine marketing & optimization specialist. This individual will focus on our portfolio of 14 newspaper-based sites and their associated products, and will be part of a team responsible for the day-to-day management of paid search campaigns and site optimization initiatives.
- Conduct keyword research using online tools and Omniture SiteCatalyst.
- Assist in the management of day-to-day pay-per-click operations, using a combination of manual and automated methods.
- Create & deliver reports on a ongoing basis that analyze key metrics in order to discover changes necessary to increase the overall success of each pay-per-click campaigns
- Serve as an SEO expert; and consult key personnel in regard to SEO best practices and guide them through implementation of proposed changes/enhancements to their sites.
- Continually analyze and discover SEO opportunities to increase search engine traffic to our collection of sites.
- Experience managing pay-per-click campaigns in Google and Yahoo strongly preferred. Additional MSN & Ask.com experience a plus.
- Experience in measuring paid-search metrics and budgets; and optimizing campaigns accordingly.
- Must possess a very strong understanding of search engine methodology, recent trends, ranking factors, and implementation of SEO techniques.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of HTML and web development, especially in regards to building search-engine-friendly sites/HTML. Experience with large, content-driven websites preferred.
- Experience in web data analysis and strategy preferred. Experience with the Omniture suite of web services is a major plus.
- Knowledge of "local" search strategies/methodologies/vendors preferred.
- Hands-on, prior experience in SEM /SEO strategy and implementation is required. 2 years of full-time SEO experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred.
Experience: Hands-on, prior experience in SEM /SEO strategy and implementation is required. 2 years of full-time SEO experience preferred.
- Complete familiarity with enterprise level site architecture and development best practices
- Prior experience with Google/Yahoo/ MSN bid placement/management systems and third party aggregate bid management software preferred
***Be prepared to provide examples/case studies of successful SEO/ SEM work.***
Please email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference job or you may fax them to our Int'l fax 1-502-719-6762.